27 January 2010

LIFE AFTER TABLE

With the table complete and installed, I realise among other things that I didn't give it a name, which is something I always used to do. Today is freezing-ish so after lighting a fire in the studio and making more tea I'll be getting on with sketching out a frieze of dancing figures to go in the back of a small oak shrine. There are a couple of images of similar kinds of things on the website. I'm making it for a painter whose painting of a fiery field I fell in love with. The shrine is my way of paying for the picture. It happens and I enjoy transacting in that way. I'll be using elm, a section of an old thin board I've had knocking around for years. And maybe whiten it so that the figures stand out more, we'll see. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment